Jeff Reitz Breaks World Record for Most Consecutive Visits to Disneyland
Jeff Reitz, of California, has earned the world record for most consecutive visits to Disneyland. The 50-year-old made 2,995 trips to the Anaheim theme park between 2012 and March 2020, totaling 8 years, three months and 13 days.
Reitz's streak began as a joke between friends when Disneyland announced they were giving an ‘Extra Disney Day’ for their Leap Day 24-hour event in 2012. Reitz and his friends had annual passes that had been gifted, so they decided to use Disneyland as a source of free entertainment. When he hit his 366th consecutive visit, Disneyland presented him with a gift basket and an Honorary Citizenship certificate.
Reitz told Guinness World Records that he started having guests in the parks stop him for photos and autographs. He even became a Disneyland celebrity. Reitz kept his social media followers up to date with his historic travels by posting on Instagram – from updates about rides and attractions, to videos of him exploring the park, and even pictures of Disney cast members.
Reitz was even gifted a backpack full of Disneyland treats by the company for his loyalty and dedication. He had his sights on reaching the 3,000 consecutive visit mark but the covid pandemic stopped him in his tracks and he was forced to halt his streak on March 14, 2020 as the parks shut down.
Reitz said that, at the beginning, the annual pass would cost around $500 but in the later years, it was $1,400. “So for me, going every day, even at the end, was only about $3.50 a day, Reitz said. So about the same as someone going to buy a cup of coffee.
Reitz reminisced about the days he spent in Huntington Beach, California, saying he would go to Disneyland a few times annually and even celebrated his high school graduation in June of 1991 at the iconic amusement park. Reitz said that he had a great time riding the Matterhorn Bobsleds roller coaster and taking pictures with Goofy, who he felt shared his adventurous and friendly personality.
Reitz had set his sights on 3,000 consecutive days of visiting Disney, but when the park announced its closure due to the pandemic in March 2020, he felt disheartened. He remained at the park until the end of March 13, the day it closed.
0. “US man visits Disneyland 2995 days in a row and takes out Guinness World Record” Sky News Australia, 27 Feb. 2023, https://www.skynews.com.au/opinion/us-man-visits-disneyland-2995-days-in-a-row-and-takes-out-guinness-world-record/video/950974332e168f7a7e14048e0c9dd608
1. “🌱 World Record Breaker In Disneyland Visits + Restaurant Week” Patch, 28 Feb. 2023, https://patch.com/california/orange-county/man-visits-disneyland-so-often-he-breaks-record-prix-fixe-menus
2. “Disneyland World Record Started As a Joke Evolves Into An Unbelievable Achievement” Inside the Magic, 26 Feb. 2023, https://insidethemagic.net/2023/02/i-did-it-as-a-joke-guest-obliterates-disneyland-record-kb1
3. “Disneyland Fan Earns Guinness World Record with Nearly 3,000 Consecutive Park Visits” Yahoo Life, 24 Feb. 2023, https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/disneyland-fan-earns-guinness-world-204232682.html
4. “California man sets record by visiting Disneyland for 2,995 days in a row” New York Post , 25 Feb. 2023, https://nypost.com/2023/02/25/california-man-sets-guinness-world-record-by-visiting-disneyland-for-2995-days-in-a-row
5. “California man sets world record for visiting Disneyland 2,995 times” Business Insider, 26 Feb. 2023, https://www.businessinsider.com/california-man-sets-world-record-for-visiting-disneyland-2995-times-2023-2
6. “Disneyland fan breaks record after making 2,995 consecutive visits to theme park” The Mirror, 24 Feb. 2023, https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/disneyland-fan-breaks-record-after-29301576
7. “Man sets world record with nearly 3000 consecutive visits to Disneyland” WXOW.com, 2 Mar. 2023, https://www.wxow.com/news/daybreak/man-sets-world-record-with-nearly-3-000-consecutive-visits-to-disneyland/article_23790abe-bc63-5da4-b2a4-ab1596bd8e4a.html
8. “He visited Disneyland 2995 days in a row. It's now a Guinness World Record” KPCC, 3 Mar. 2023, https://www.kpcc.org/npr-news/2023-03-03/he-visited-disneyland-2-995-days-in-a-row-its-now-a-guinness-world-record
9. “Orange County Man Loves Disneyland More Than You, and He Set a Record to Prove It” NBC Southern California, 25 Feb. 2023, https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/orange-county-man-disneyland-guinness-world-record/3102683
10. “California man sets world record with thousands of Disneyland visits” The Washington Post, 1 Mar. 2023, https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/03/01/disneyland-visits-guinness-world-record/