Paris Hilton Shares Her Abortion Story, Traumatic Experience & Thoughts on Reproductive Health Laws
Paris Hilton has opened up about her abortion story and traumatic experience as a teenager in a recent interview with Glamour. The Simple Life star revealed that she was drugged and raped by an older man when she was just 15 years old. She recalled the incident, recalling visions of him on top of her, covering her mouth and whispering, “I remembered it. I have visions of him on top of me, covering my mouth, being like, ‘You’re dreaming, you’re dreaming,’ and whispering that in my ear.” in her ear.
Hilton also opened up about her sex life before and after marriage. She told Harper’s Bazaar: “I was known as a sex symbol, but anything sexual terrified me. I called myself the ‘kissing bandit’ because I only liked to make out. A lot of my relationships didn’t work out because of that.” But she said it wasn’t until she met her husband Carter Reum that she was able to enjoy hooking up with him.
The 42-year-old star further revealed that she was living with her maternal grandmother in Palm Springs at the time and would often visit the Westfield Century City shopping centre with her friends. She said the older man would call her on the phone and try to make her think she was a mature woman, and eventually lured her to his car. Thankfully, her parents arrived home in time.
Hilton and Reum welcomed their first child together recently, and she shared the name of her newborn son in her memoir, ‘Paris: The Memoir.’ The baby was named Phoenix, which Hilton said was symbolic of the bird that flames out and rises from the ashes to fly again. She added that she wants her son to grow up knowing that “disaster and triumph go around and come around throughout our lives and that this should give us great hope for the future.”
The socialite and former reality TV star also shared her thoughts on the current reproductive health laws. She said, “It’s your body, your choice and I really believe in that. It’s mind-boggling to me that they’re making laws about what you do with your reproductive health, because if it were the other way around with the guys, it would not be this way at all.
0. “Paris Hilton Reflects on Decision to Have an Abortion in Her 20s” E! NEWS, 24 Feb. 2023, https://www.eonline.com/news/1365966/paris-hilton-reflects-on-decision-to-have-an-abortion-in-her-20s
1. “Paris Hilton Shares That She Was Drugged And Raped When She Was 15” Hits 96, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.hits96.com/i/paris-hilton-shares-that-she-was-drugged-and-raped-when-she-was-15/
2. “Paris Hilton reveals she was raped by older man at the age of 15 after he spiked her drink” Daily Mail, 24 Feb. 2023, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11788249/Paris-Hilton-reveals-raped-older-man-age-15-spiked-drink.html
3. “Paris Hilton admits to being ASEXUAL before meeting hubby Carter Reum; But What” True Scoop, 18 Feb. 2023, https://www.truescoopnews.com/newsdetail/paris-hilton-admits-to-being-asexual-before-meeting-hubby-carter-reum-but-what-changed
4. “Paris Hilton says traumatic intimacy experiences made her believe she was ‘asexual'” Republic World, 19 Feb. 2023, https://www.republicworld.com/entertainment-news/hollywood-news/paris-hilton-says-traumatic-intimacy-experiences-made-her-believe-she-was-asexual-articleshow.html
5. “Paris Hilton says shame prevented her from sharing her abortion experience” Her.ie, 24 Feb. 2023, https://www.her.ie/celeb/paris-hilton-says-shame-prevented-sharing-abortion-experience-575348
6. “Paris Hilton reveals she was raped at 15 by an older man after he spiked her drink” LBC, 24 Feb. 2023, https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/paris-hilton-reveals-she-was-raped-at-15-by-an-older-man-after-he-spiked-her-dri/
7. “Paris Hilton Reveals She Was Drugged and Raped at 15: ‘I Have Visions of Him on Top of Me'” TooFab, 24 Feb. 2023, https://toofab.com/2023/02/23/paris-hilton-raped-15-abortion
8. “Paris Hilton reveals newborn son's name” CNN, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/23/entertainment/paris-hilton-newborn-son-name/index.html