Kourtney’s Lemme Purr Gummies: Do They Work or Not?
Kourtney Kardashian has launched a new line of gummies, Lemme Purr, to promote vaginal health. The product claims to provide “clinically-studied SNZ 1969™ probiotics specifically target vaginal health and pH levels to support freshness and odor,” with “added Vitamin C for antioxidant benefits and real Pineapple extract.” She captioned the advertisement with the tagline “Give your vagina the sweet treat it deserves (and turn it into a sweet treat). You know what they say…you are what you eat,” followed by a winking emoji.
Kourtney’s gummies contain 1 billion CFUs of Bacillus coagulans SNZ 1969 (B. coagulans SNZ 1969)—a spore-forming and highly resilient bacteria—along with 20 mg ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and 100 mg ananas comosus (pineapple powder). However, experts have raised concerns about the product. They believe that marketing tactics like this can reinforce patriarchal attitudes by implying that individuals need to change the taste and smell of their genitals to be desirable.
When Kourtney posed with the product in a skintight purple dress, she was also accompanied by an orange and black cat, adding to the narrative of the “sweet treat.” To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure to sign up for an InStyle newsletter.
The narrative around using products to alter one’s vaginal smell is deeply misogynistic and problematic. Kourtney’s Lemme Purr gummies may be aesthetically pleasing, but whether they work or not is still up for debate.
0. “Kourtney Kardashian's vagina gummies have experts rolling their eyes” USA TODAY, 3 Mar. 2023, https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/health-wellness/2023/03/03/kourtney-kardashian-lemme-purr-gummies/11373444002/
1. “Kourtney Kardashian shows off her butt in tight latex yellow hotpants” The Scottish Sun, 2 Mar. 2023, https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10307521/kourtney-kardashian-butt-latex-pants-racy-lemme-ad
2. “Your patients might be using vaginal gummies thanks to Kourtney Kardashian” MD Linx, 28 Feb. 2023, https://www.mdlinx.com/article/-your-patients-might-be-using-vaginal-gummies-thanks-to-kourtney-kardashian/6O0c1ZCdByG0FOtquefKFs
3. “Kourtney Kardashian’s Latest Monochromatic Look Is Giving Latex Easter Peep” Yahoo Life, 2 Mar. 2023, https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/kourtney-kardashian-latest-monochromatic-look-201735316.html
4. “I tried Kourtney Kardashian’s new Lemme p***y product – I didn’t rate it & an OBGYN called claims ‘deeply m…” The US Sun, 27 Feb. 2023, https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/7485080/kourtney-kardashian-lemme-purr