Kelly Clarkson Responds to Allegations of Toxic Work Environment on “The Kelly Clarkson Show
Kelly Clarkson, the host of the popular daytime talk show “The Kelly Clarkson Show,” has responded to allegations of a toxic work environment behind the scenes. The allegations were made in a recent Rolling Stone article, which cited current and former employees who claimed to be overworked, underpaid, and mentally traumatized while working on the show.
Clarkson released a statement in response to the allegations, saying that she was “unacceptable” for anyone to feel unheard or disrespected on her show. She also announced plans to provide leadership training for all senior staff, including herself, in order to ensure a safe and inclusive workplace culture.
The show's production company, NBCUniversal, also released a statement denying the allegations and stating that workplace complaints are taken seriously and acted upon promptly. However, several former employees pointed to the show's executive producer, Alex Duda, as the main source of tension on the staff. One former employee referred to Duda as a “monster,” while others claimed to have been bullied and verbally abused by her and her production team.
Despite the allegations, several former employees spoke highly of Clarkson and expressed disbelief that she was unaware of the alleged mistreatment. One former employee stated that Clarkson “never treats anyone with anything but dignity and is incredibly appreciative.”
“The Kelly Clarkson Show” has been renewed through 2025 and is set to relocate from Los Angeles to New York for the upcoming season. The show will air inside Rockefeller Center, where several other NBC shows are filmed.
The allegations of a toxic work environment on “The Kelly Clarkson Show” are the latest in a series of similar allegations made against other talk shows in recent years. These allegations have prompted increased scrutiny of workplace practices in the entertainment industry and a push for greater accountability.
0. “Kelly Clarkson Addresses Allegations of Toxic Work Environment on Her Talk Show: “Ensure That Any Notion of Toxicity Is Eradicated”” Hollywood Reporter, 13 May. 2023, https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/kelly-clarkson-addresses-allegations-toxic-work-environment-talk-show-1235487270/
1. “Kelly Clarkson Show Staff Calls It ‘Toxic' Behind the Scenes” Vulture, 13 May. 2023, https://www.vulture.com/2023/05/kelly-clarkson-show-staff-toxic-behind-the-scenes.html
2. “Kelly Clarkson responds to toxic talk show claims” Toronto Sun, 13 May. 2023, https://torontosun.com/entertainment/television/kelly-clarkson-responds-to-toxic-talk-show-claims
3. “Kelly Clarkson responds to allegations of toxicity behind the scenes on her talk show” New York Daily News, 13 May. 2023, https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-kelly-clarkson-show-drama-responds-to-allegations-20230513-tvukwnodbzcapit6db4e3hjhmq-story.html
4. “‘Rolling Stone' Reports on Toxic Environment at ‘The Kelly Clarkson Show'” PRIMETIMER, 12 May. 2023, https://www.primetimer.com/news/kelly-clarkson-show-toxic-environment-allegations-nbc-ellen-degeneres
5. “‘The Kelly Clarkson Show’ Is Toxic Behind the Scenes, Staffers Say” Rolling Stone, 12 May. 2023, https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-features/the-kelly-clarkson-show-toxic-behind-scenes-investigation-nbc-daytime-tv-hr-workplace-environment-1234732325/
6. “Kelly Clarkson Reacts to Toxic Talk Show Claims: ‘Committed to Maintaining a Safe and Healthy’ Space” Us Weekly, 13 May. 2023, https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/kelly-clarkson-reacts-to-claims-her-talk-show-is-toxic-details